The nature of the operations of Grupo Nutresa’s Businesses entails challenges related to the prevention of risks such as the emergence of symptoms associated with illnesses that affect the physical and mental health of the employees, the lack of balance in their family, personal and work life, and the absence of purpose. Therefore, the Organization permanently works on having a significantly positive impact on people’s quality of life and, thus, on its productivity. trabaja constantemente para impactar de manera significativa la calidad de vida de las personas y la productividad de la Compañía.
In 2020, the worldwide spread of COVID-19 represented for Grupo Nutresa the opportunity to strengthen the care for people’s life and health besides the development of capabilities such as the adaptability and the capacity to deal with uncertainty, which allowed the Company to successfully overcome the effects of the pandemic. Additionally, the programs focused on the employees’ quality of life were centered on the identification and mitigation of the psychosocial risk and COVID-19 symptoms, laying emphasis on the support provided to the employees during the work day at home. This challenge also represented an opportunity to renew the support methodology through allies and online activities, without neglecting the closeness and sensibility towards people, with the aim of strengthening healthy lifestyle habits that would mitigate the effects of the pandemic.
Future outlook and goals for 2030
- Achieving the goal of zero occupational illnesses and zero fatalities, as well as a significant improvement in the safety-related indicators, attaining a lost-time injury frequency rate (LTIFR) lower than 1, and low psychosocial risk levels that represent a reduction in the adverse impact on people’s mental health and quality of life.
- Continue promoting a self-care culture inspired by the importance of the care for people’s life.
- Enhancing capabilities by raising awareness about the responsibility in the search for balance.
- Promoting healthy work environments that give people the possibility to achieve positive comprehensive development.
- Proactively identifying symptoms related to changes in the health conditions of employees by managing data and analytics.
- Supporting the development of the capabilities of both suppliers and contractors to adequately manage the well-being, health and safety of their employees.
- Identifying new types of work flexibility measures, remote work systems, talent recruitment procedures and methods for enhancing the adaptive and digital leadership capabilities.
- Formulating a proposal for returning to the facilities with different interaction methods, always ensuring the fulfillment of all the necessary biosecurity protocols.
- Formulating value propositions and memorable experiences that contribute to the employees’ well-being, satisfaction and commitment.
- Creating purposeful work environments that enable the employees to enjoy meaningful jobs while achieving comprehensive growth.
Tresmontes Lucchetti was awarded the Living Healthy Seal in the healthy workplace category
The accolade was awarded by the Chilean Government, which ranked the Company at a level of excellence, the top rating in the context of this certification, thanks to the development of initiatives that go beyond the legal requirements and for implementing policies, plans and programs that promote people’s health and well-being.
Management of a safe work environment [GRI 403-1]
For Grupo Nutresa, sustainability is the main corporate performance framework and the pillar that supports the actions that allow giving continuity to the operation and managing risks in a responsible and proactive manner.
The current circumstances of volatility and uncertainty caused by COVID-19 have driven the Company to create a management committee in charge of assessing the evolution of the situation and interacting with the Businesses’ response teams in order to make timely and effective decisions.
- People first. The Organization is striving to manage the situation with a deep sense of humanity, always thinking about the common good and with the clarity that people and their health and life are the main priority. Therefore, cautionary measures were established for employees and allies in alignment with the recommendations of the World Health Organization and the corresponding authorities.
- Continuity of the operations. Creation of highly qualified teams in charge of ensuring a responsible management of the entire value chain.
- Contributing to the solution. Best efforts to preserve the jobs of its employees and cooperate with public and private partners with the aim of contributing to the protection of the most vulnerable populations.
- Managing resources responsibly. Execution of an adequate management of the resources, and prioritization of the Organization’s liquidity and business continuity.
Occupational illness risk mitigation [GRI 403-2] [GRI 403-3] [GRI 403-7]
Measures focused on mitigating the impact of COVID-19
Nutritional health and quality of life
The Organization has:
- Nutritional education programs that include important nourishment concepts and healthy practices.
- Regular occupationally-based medical exams and laboratory tests developed through online platforms, allowing to improve the nourishment and health conditions of the employees during the work-from-home period.
- Employee training centered on the biosecurity protocols with the aim of ensuring the continuity of the processes and preventing contagion among people.
Promotion of healthy lifestyles for people [GRI 403-2] [GRI 403-6]
Living Healthy Seal in the healthy workplace category
Awarded by the Chilean Government to Tresmontes Lucchetti with a rating of excellence, the highest rating within this certification.
This system focuses on acknowledging the municipalities, education institutions and work establishments that voluntarily develop initiatives that go beyond the legal requirements in terms of the implementation of policies, plans and programs for the promotion of people’s health and well-being.
“Elige Vivir Sano” (Choose to live a healthy life) system
This system consists in a management model that establishes the articulation of the government’s institutions for the promotion of healthy life habits, and for the incorporation of policies, plans, programs or measures focused on informing, educating and promoting the prevention of risk factors and behaviors associated with non-communicable diseases. It also comprises the programs that foster and promote healthy eating habits, constant physical activity, spending quality time with the family and outdoor activities, as well as behaviors and actions that contribute to preventing, reducing or reversing the risk factors and habits associated with non-communicable diseases.
- Cardiovascular diseases.
- Malignant tumors.
- Chronic respiratory diseases.
Tresmontes Lucchetti’s “Los Conquistadores” building was granted the excellence level acknowledgment, as it complies with 100% of the requirements established by the Ministry of Health.